Where an In-Scope Organisation has determined that the measure applies to the procurement, suppliers wishing to bid for that contract are required at the selection stage to submit a Carbon Reduction Plan which details their organisational carbon footprint and confirms their commitment to achieving Net Zero by 2050.
Carbon Reduction Plans are to be completed by the bidding supplier and must meet the reporting requirements set out in supporting guidance, and include the supplier’s current carbon footprint and its commitment to reducing emissions to achieve Net Zero emissions by 2050.
The CRP should be specific to the bidding entity, or, provided certain criteria are met, may cover the bidding entity and its parent organisation. In order to ensure the CRP remains relevant, a Carbon Reduction Plan covering the bidding entity and its parent organisation is only permissible where the detailed requirements of the CRP are met in full, as set out in the Technical Standard and Guidance , and all of the following criteria are met:
● The bidding entity is wholly owned by the parent;
● The commitment to achieving net zero by 2050 for UK operations is set out in the CRP for the parent and is supported and adopted by the bidding entity, demonstrated by the inclusion in the CRP of a statement that this will apply to the bidding entity;
● The environmental measures set out are stated to be able to be applied by the bidding entity when performing the relevant contract; and
● The CRP is published on the bidding entity’s website.
Bidding entities must take steps to ensure they have their own CRP as soon as reasonably practicable and should note that the ability to rely on a parent organisation’s Carbon Reduction Plan may only be a temporary measure under this selection criterion.
The Carbon Reduction Plan should be updated regularly (at least annually) and published and clearly signposted on the supplier’s UK website. It should be approved by a director (or equivalent senior leadership) within the supplier’s organisation to demonstrate a clear commitment to emissions reduction at the highest level. Suppliers may wish to adopt the key objectives of the Carbon Reduction Plan within their strategic plans.
A template for the Carbon Reduction Plan is set out below. Please complete and publish your Carbon Reduction Plan in accordance with the reporting standard published alongside this PPN.
Aquacare Medical Ltd is committed to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2040.
Baseline emissions are a record of the greenhouse gases that have been produced in the past and were produced prior to the introduction of any strategies to reduce emissions. Baseline emissions are the reference point against which emissions reduction can be measured.
In order to continue our progress to achieving Net Zero, we have adopted the following carbon reduction targets. We project that carbon emissions will decrease over the next five years to 133.34 tCO2e by 2028. This is a reduction of 80% We will reduce our carbon emissions to achieve NetZero by 2040 and will put in place interim targets to ensure sufficient progress is made. We are currently gathering data on all relevant scope 3 emissions to ensure that we have a robust baseline upon which to build our reduction targets. It is expected that emissions may initially increase when the baseline is reset, we commit to updating our baseline position when all scope 3 categories have been defined.
Progress against these targets can be seen in the graph below:
The following environmental management measures and projects have been completed or implemented to date, and the measures will be in effect when performing the contract. It is not possible to see what reduction in carbon emission the measures already taken have achieved but this will be highlighted in our 2023 reporting year.
Carbon reduction initiatives implemented to date:
• Light sensors in office spaces
• Increased recycling activity across sites
• Reduction in paper-based systems
• Online client meetings
• Launched a hybrid approach to working for office-based staff
• Launched a hybrid approach to board and management meetings
In the future we hope to implement further measures such as:
• Obtain ISO 14001 Environmental certification
• Review of appliances for energy efficiency
• Review and assessment of heating processes
• Reduced business travel to necessary only
• Introduction of ‘Bike to Work’ scheme for employees
• Creation of environmental champions across the business
• Targets and incentives for teams across the business to reduce waste
• Sourcing energy from green energy suppliers
• Promotion of lift share/free bus service for employees
• Switch to LED lighting in all locations
Actions and measures for carbon reduction will be subject to review every 12 months as a minimum and this plan will be subject to republication on an annual basis.
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard and uses the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting .
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions have been reported in accordance with SECR requirements, and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions have been reported in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard .
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the board of directors (or equivalent management body).
………Philip Andrew Johnson, CEO………………….
Date: ……4th May 2023…….……….